* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics

Cf Bedford for sale by Gunning
[August 26, 2024, 06:54:11 PM]

Advise on raising the rear end of a CF350 Motorhome. About 3.5T by johnxb351
[August 09, 2024, 08:17:08 AM]

Sale of 1977 Bedford Motorhome by johnxb351
[August 06, 2024, 08:27:12 PM]

CF 350 Breaks conversion by johnxb351
[August 06, 2024, 08:24:06 PM]

173 extractors by kylee dingo
[April 07, 2024, 02:55:17 PM]

lowering my bedford cf by Ratbox
[October 07, 2023, 07:59:56 PM]

Adjustable Upper Control Arms by Saville
[August 22, 2023, 11:35:43 AM]

202 red to 202 black Carby engine by johnxb351
[June 21, 2023, 06:33:35 PM]

CF CLUTCH PEDAL by johnxb351
[June 18, 2023, 02:58:15 PM]

Royal Bedford by wendyh
[October 16, 2022, 03:40:43 PM]

Author Topic: Bedfords at Ambury Park, Auckland, Labour Weekend  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Sundownernz

• Just streetable
    • View Profile
Bedfords at Ambury Park, Auckland, Labour Weekend
« on: October 27, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »
Hi Kiwi Bedheads,

Just wondering if any of you went to the Bedford weekend in Mangere over the weekend? I know couple of you were looking at going so keen to have a report and see some pics from anyone who managed to make it there.

I was heading down to Waihi Beach on Saturday morning and passed a really nice early CF decked out for camping. Had mags, running boards etc and sounded like a V8. As it went past I noticed it was a 6 wheeler. First I've seen for years. Very cool and as it was heading north I guess it was going to the event. Missed the rego plate but keen to track it down so if you saw it there and have any info on it let me know.

Anyway was a great weekend at Waihi Beach with a great bunch of fellow vanners Keen to hear how the Bedford weekend went though.

Cheers,
Garry.

Offline waikatostocky

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
Re: Bedfords at Ambury Park, Auckland, Labour Weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 10:54:14 AM »
hay garry, was it a white one with a raised roof on the back/ if so it belongs to a guy from akld that races a modified at huntly it runs a toyota twin cam v8 and has got tandon drive 9" diffs .

Cheers paddy
be safe out there

Offline BusyKiwi

• Global Moderator +
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • Still in progress
    • View Profile
    • munchtech.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Paddy, you talking about Chatfields van ? If it is the second 9in diff is actually belt driven off the first one. is a real nice set out camper. I used to crew for his son

Garry, you need to list these events better on the vanz website, I was going to go to both these events, was even down Hamilton that weekend
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:50:43 PM by BusyKiwi »
There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say "watch me"

Offline waikatostocky

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:22:36 PM »
yea mate thats the one.

Paddy
be safe out there

Offline Sundownernz

• Just streetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:50:17 AM »
Hey Paddy,

Yeah it was white with some red or brown stripes down the side. Not sure about the raised roof bit, was to busy oggling the rest of it to notice the roof. Looked very cool though and haven't seen it around before. There used to be plenty of 6 wheelers around but they all seemed to have gone to the big van park in the sky.

Dave, you should have let me know you were looking at coming to Waihi. Would have been good to catch up. The Labour Weekend run to Waihi was and still is well listed on the vanz site. Has the date, run details, camp contact details and contact details for the host club. What more do you need? The Bedford convention wasn't listed 'cause we we had the Waihi run that weekend.

Do either of you have contact details for the van? Would love to have a look at it.

By the way we're looking at having the 2011 Van Nats in the Auckland area. Dave we need your van there.

Cheers,
Garry.

Offline waikatostocky

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »
hay chap got his sons number 021 311941 he should be able to help ya contact him.

Cheers Paddy
be safe out there

Offline BusyKiwi

• Global Moderator +
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • Still in progress
    • View Profile
    • munchtech.com
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 06:33:17 PM »
Do either of you have contact details for the van? Would love to have a look at it.
Sorry haven't been in touch with them for a while now, if paddy hasn't got it I might be able to track him down

By the way we're looking at having the 2011 Van Nats in the Auckland area. Dave we need your van there.

I'm actually taking my windscreen template up to glass shape tomorrow to get the windscreen made, plan is to drive custom van to Kemeu in Jan with you guys but if not 100% drivable I'll tow it up with the standard CF - 2 vans for the price of 1

There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say "watch me"

Offline waikatostocky

• Rid of the rust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 07:14:26 PM »
Hay Dave if you have a hassel finding a trailer let me know i may be able to sort one out for ya mate.

Cheers Paddy
be safe out there

Offline Sundownernz

• Just streetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »
Thanks for the contact number Paddy. I'll give him a call over the weekend and see how it goes.

That sounds cool Dave. Be great to see it at Kumeu. We're hoping to get the same site we were at this year so will let you know. Good luck with the windscreen. I know Mal had hassles with his when they made it. First one was the wrong colour tint on the top, second one cracked when he was fitting it, third time lucky. Cost a small fortune for the two he had to pay for. Looks the part though.

Cheers,
Garry.

Offline BusyKiwi

• Global Moderator +
  • Apprentice Mechanic
  • Still in progress
    • View Profile
    • munchtech.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 06:35:38 PM »
well the windscreen might have to be gladwrap for a while. I talked to Mal some time ago about his and he said about a grand, today I find it they want four grand to make my screen. I still have a couple of options i need to suss out

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal